Thursday, February 6, 2014

14 Days of Love: Day 6

 
 
It's Strawberry Milkshake Day!  I have been searching and searching for a great milkshake/soda fountain glass for a while now and wouldn't you know it, when I stopped in at Crate and Barrel to check out their stock, they had four, yes four, left.  Destiny.  I picked those puppies up along with some striped paper straws and viola!  The perfect setup for a Day 6 surprise!

 
 
 Strawberry Milkshakes
(Makes 4)
 
3 cups frozen strawberries
2 cups milk (if you want to really go for it, use whole milk, get it girl...)
2 cups strawberry ice cream
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1 tablespoon vanilla
 
Directions:
Throw everything in your blender where the softest ingredients are on the bottom and hit the liquefy button.  I just blew your mind, huh?
 
Note: Make sure you put your liquids and soft ingredients in first or you'll be jamming a wooden spoon into your mixer for 5 minutes trying to get everything to turn milkshakey.

 
And really what milkshake would be complete without whipped cream?  I'm a big believer in making my own so all you need to do is put some heavy whipping cream in a bowl and whip it up with a hand or stand mixer.  If you don't have either and need a good forearm workout, you can always use a wire whisk.  I myself find any excuse to use my Kitchenaid, even if that means putting a tiny amount of cream in the bowl.  I plan on being buried with that beautiful thing so I try to show it how much I appreciate it as often as I can. 
Be careful not to over mix your cream. Keep an eye on it.  Once it starts to stiffen up, it will only be a few seconds before it's ready.

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment