Thursday, May 19, 2011

School's {Almost} Out For Summer!

I am a go-er!  There's no doubt about that.  If I am sitting around at home, I feel lazy and want to get out of the house and "do something".  My husband is sort of the opposite.  He is happy on the couch watching sports and eating nachos.   I believe my son has picked up that gene and he LOVES a crowd.  Loved Vegas, loves my softball games, loves festivals, loves going out in general.
I believe this stems from when he was first born.  The story goes that Ev was born in the middle of H1N1 season.  Remember when it was all over the news?  People were being hospitalized, wearing masks, pregnant women, children and the elderly were at HIGH risk?!  This was a huge delima for several reasons. 
#1. I am a ginormo germ-a-phobe.  My friend Jill can attest to this because when we were at Worlds of Fun last summer, I sanitized my hands after every ride.  I always wipe down the shopping cart, I keep hand sanitizer in every bag I own.  I know, it's a problem. 
#2. Our doctor told us we couldn't take Everett out in public for 8 weeks!  Yes, 8 weeks!  The little man and I had many trips to the car wash, Sonic and the Dairy Queen Drive through.  It was too cold for walks, but I HAD to get out of the house!!

So what is a girl and her toddler to do during the summer?  We need to get out and about!  To all the KC moms, here is my secret weapon-

This is a fantastic site because you can see what activities are going on around Kansas City, their prices and their age ranges.  A good tip is to look at the next week or two and then write those activities and addresses in your planner for the next week.  Ev and I will not only be enjoying our gymnastics and swimming lessons this summer, now we have a calendar of family-friendly activities!

1 comment:

  1. We (Brady and I) are the same way! We should pow wow events! I have been seeking out jogging stroller friendly 5Ks like a crazy person to get out of the house. Royals games, T bones games, zoo, mall walking, etc. I'm on it! This rain is killing me!

    ReplyDelete