Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad With Avocado and Parmesan

This could quite possibly be the best salad I have ever made!  I am a pretty big fan of salads, but this one is over the top yum!  It is a perfect way to round up some summer grilling (sniff) and bring in the fall.  I found this in my Real Simple Magazine, but you can also find the recipe online.  Click the link.  This baby is also pretty low in calories and I am guessing if you take the avocado off {if you're crazy!} it would be even lower.  I got a new calorie counter app on my phone so I'm into that these days.



Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad With Avocado and Parmesan

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice


2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

4 tablespoons olive oil

kosher salt and black pepper

2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts

3 ears corn, shucked

5 ounces baby spinach (about 5 cups)

1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces

2 ounces Parmesan, shaved

Directions:

1.Heat grill to medium-high. In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer half the dressing to a small bowl; set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining dressing and turn to coat.

2.Rub the corn with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill the corn and chicken, covered, turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes, and the chicken is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cobs and slice the chicken.

3.Toss the spinach, chicken, corn, and avocado with the reserved dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan.

Here are some time saving tips-
 I actually figured this out on accident, but you can grill chicken tenderloins (I buy Smart Chicken Tenderloins) and cut the cooking time in half, plus you can just throw them on the salad rather than cutting them up!

I also just drizzled the dressing over the top and it worked the same as tossing it with the lettuce.

When we were finished with this meal, my husband said, "I wish we had more!"  In return I told him I would give him the leftovers for his lunch.  I kid you not, he JUST emailed me as I am typing this and said, "That salad is awesome!"  It's super easy (took about 15 minutes start to finish) and super good.  Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment