Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Ruth Chris' Sweet Potato Casserole


Every New Year's Eve my family goes out to a nice dinner to celebrate the new year. When we celebrated 2010, we went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse. I had never been so you can imagine my 9 month pregnant self's reaction to the magnificent food (If you can't, imagine a lot of waddling and not a lot of stomach space. Oh, and I was wearing a grey sweater with a bow), more specifically the sweet potato casserole. I scoured high and low as well as tried a few different recipes and I think I have found a match! Please enjoy.

P.S. I will be taking my own pictures from now on, but this one looked yummy so I thought I would use it.


CRUST
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter (melted)


SWEET POTATO MIXTURE
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs (well beaten)
1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup)

Directions
Combine brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter in mixing bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine sweet potatoes, sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs and butter in a mixing bowl in the order listed. Mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into buttered baking dish.
Sprinkle the surface of the sweet potato mixture evenly with the crust mixture.
Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to set at least 30 minutes before serving.

***Note- The restaurant serves their casserole in a 2-3 serving casserole. I used 4 sweet potatoes, doubled the crust ingredients and baked it in a 9x13 baking dish. I also added a little extra brown sugar because I love the crust!

No comments:

Post a Comment