Friday, December 17, 2010

What a Morning

I've been waiting all day to tell this story. This is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever done, and let me tell you, I've done a lot of dumb things. Here is a timeline of this morning's events-

4:45- Wake-up and get ready for the gym

5:00- Almost hit a deer in my neighborhood

5:15- Arrive at the gym and think, "Yes, no one is here, I can listen to 95.7 instead of the usual Johnny Dare in the morning (barf)!"

5:17- Enter the gym, put my car keys and gym key in the cubby. Think to myself, "I need to get a dollar out of my car for water".

5:18- Walk outside to my car. As soon as I take 4 steps I realize I forgot my to the gym in the cubby

5:18 and 3 seconds- Watch the door to the gym close in slow motion and click locked.

5:18 and 18 seconds- Get in my car and think to myself, "What should I do now? Sit in my car and wait for someone to come? Go back home? Thank goodness I didn't leave my car keys in there. I would really be screwed.

5:20- Drive home to get Grant's key

5:22- Drive back to the gym

5:38ish- Pick up my key from the cubby and realize I don't really have time to do anything by abs but realize that maybe God wanted me to take the day off, but ask him why he didn't let me know that when I was still in bed?

5:50- Arrive home and start unloading the dishwasher

5:53- Realize my husband didn't start the dishwasher like I have "nagged" him to do. In fact, I remember asking him 3 times, him confirming he would start it and then being annoyed that I was asking him so much...and he wonders why I nag him

5:55- Get ready for work

All day long- Eat everything in sight. Darn this kids and their parents who can bake lovely sugar-filled confections!

No comments:

Post a Comment