Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Mom vs. the Marathon: Update

1.  I have officially registered for my first marathon.  Uh oh.
2.  Official training starts in June, but I have been getting ready for swimsuit season by taking shorter runs about 5 days a week.  Looking forward to how much running I will be doing within the next few months is extremely overwhelming so I really try not to think about it.
3.  I am obsessed with this magazine-
Reading this makes me feel like a real life runner instead of a wannabe.  I love the true stories and reading about different races and then dreaming of running them one day.  We can all dream, right?

So today I get home from my run and skim it while I am getting ready and run across an article about an interview with supermodel Christy Turlington about her first marathon.  She says, and I quote, "I felt good through mile 18.  In the Bronx, I needed to walk.  I gave birth twice without drugs, and the last three miles were close to that experience.

Holy s#%&!

No comments:

Post a Comment