Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Operation: Renovation Part I 1/2

Okay, so this isn't really a reno, more of an addition to are kitchen in progress. We currently have a built in desk that we use as a "storage" stop. Since my parents bought us a new laptop for Christmas, I have been wanting to use the desk to work on the computer. Note: I am currently typing at my kitchen table. Whoops. Anyway, I wanted to re-do an old chair to make it work with our kitchen. The new paint color is a light grey and I am kind of going for a grey and yellow pallet. It took me a while to get started with this one, but viola!

  
This is a before shot.  The fabric on the chair was pretty old and crusty and the wood was dingy and dirty.
 I found a piece of foam and cut it to fit on top of the cushion.
 I glued it on with some spray adhesive and let it dry.
I spray painted the chair with a low luster black spray paint.  It actually took about four coats because the wood kept absorbing the paint.
I stapled the fabric onto the cushion thanks to some help from my husband.  You have to pull it really tight to make it look good.
Finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment