Friday, March 14, 2014

Mini Pancake Muffins

Meet my son's new favorite meal.  I would venture to guess he has downed 48 of these in the last 5 days.  No exaggeration.  I first had the idea for pancake muffins from Baked Bree years ago.  For the recipe click here.  I loved the idea of being able to actually sit with my family and eat pancakes rather than serve them and eat whatever batter was left when they were finished.  I made these so many times that I pretty much got sick of them and haven't made them for about two years.  However, I tried these new and improved mini version that don't include the ever-so-wonderful sugary glaze and my son flipped out.  He has asked for them every meal for the last week.  Hope your family loves them as much as mine.

 Ingredients:
 3 cups All-purpose Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
4 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
3/4 teaspoons Salt
2 1/2 cups Milk (Don't use buttermilk.  Your muffins will be too bitter.)
1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
2 whole Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
4 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
Blueberries
 Syrup, For Serving
 
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Mix together flour, baking powder, brown sugar, and salt. Set aside.
  3. Stir together the milk and vinegar and let it sit for 1 minute. Whisk in eggs and vanilla bean paste.
  4. Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients, then stir in melted butter.
  5. Spray a mini-muffin pan generously with baking spray. Fill cups 2/3 full.  Drop 2 to 3 blueberries into each cup.
  6. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let sit in the pan for 1 to 2 minutes, then turn them out of the pan.
  7. Serve warm with warm syrup.


Tiny Taste Tester


No comments:

Post a Comment