Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Very Special Shower

It's very hard to believe that over half my life ago I met Ashley, a crazy, loud, outgoing, super friendly girl who was a pitcher on a softball team I began to play on.  Years went by and (through a little high school drama) we remained friends, became coaches together and eventually co-workers. 
When Ashley shared with me a few years ago that she and her fantastic husband were trying to start a family, I promised her a big ole baby shower.  Unfortunately that shower didn't come as soon as we all would have wanted it to which is what made this day so special.  Ashley and Adam went through more heartache than most people could ever dream of handling, and both did it with their heads high and a positive attitude. 
So now, it was my absolute pleasure to give their brand new family the party they deserve!  Love you AO's and can't wait to snuggle on that little baby boy!  You two will be the greatest parents ever and I'm so happy for your party of 3!  This new little addition is the answer to many, many, many prayers!

When I started planning what my husband called "the shower of the year", I went with the color scheme of grey, blue (the nursery colors), teal and a dark lime green.  I also thought I would go with the ever-popular rustic look including burlap, mason jars and comfort food.
 mason jars filled with homemade strawberry lemonade and fruit infused water
 wooden cutlery with scrap paper "napkin rings" and burlap string
 pie fries in paper cones with fruit dipping sauce
 
  buckeye cookies and lemon tea cookies
ombre cake
mini chicken and waffles
mini macaroni and cheese cups
brown sugar and bacon wrapped smokies
The "guest book" was a framed picture for guests to put their finger print to make a balloon bouquet carrying a little baby bundle.  Super cute.
 The mommy-to-be and I opted out of shower games, so instead I decided to have guests fill out cards for all the wishes for Ashley's new little guy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment