Saturday, October 2, 2010

Think He's Hungry?


You know when you go to Babies R Us and see some really cool gadget that makes adults feel like they are outsmarting their babies and coming up with some great idea? You know, bibs that are basically full body including sleeves, cup holders in the car seat (like the kid's going to keep the cup in there), you know you've fallen for it too!
Let me start at the beginning. I love a good gimic! Ask my husband! Infomercials...yes please. I have fallen victim to the Snuggie, the Magic Bullet, any cake mold out there (giant cupcake, ice cream cake, etc.), the Bump-It, Gunner Peterson's workout videos, the Loud and Clear, The Pancake Flip, Oxy Clean, I love them all. Some of them actually work.
I also am in love with baby gimic's such as the Mommy Hook, the fan that hooks onto the stroller, the chord that keeps the sippy cup inside the stroller instead of rolling down the sidewalk, the chords that keep the binkies from falling on the ground, the binkie pods, the spoon that dispenses baby food...you see where I'm going with this. If it's out there, I own it.
Now comes to the part where Everett starts eating finger foods by himself. I started to realize that real food doesn't stick to his fingers like Puffs. 90% of the food he feeds himself ends up on the floor or in his lap. Being an attentive mother, I thought this was because he couldn't properly lift the food from his highchair tray. What do I do? Get a couple bowls with suction cups on the bottom. This way he can lift the food from the bowl and grip it using the side of the bowl to help him. Now, what do you get? Please see above.
Dear Suction Cup Bowl People,
It didn't work. I fell for it. I want my money back. I'll also take a couple boxes of Swiffer cloths. I also fell for the Swiffer Vac. I know, I need help.
Yours Truly,
Everett's Mom

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! I feel the same way about every single swaddle on the market. C can get her arms & legs out of every one!

    ReplyDelete