Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday Everett Part II

"It goes so fast", "Cherish every moment", "Before you know it, they're grown"...You've heard it, so I don't have to tell you, but I'm going to.  Kids grow and they really do grow super fast.  It happened.  This guy turned 2. 
Last year we hosted a circus themed 1st birthday party and I'll admit (yes Grant, I admitted it), I may or may not have gone a bit overboard.  However, as my friend Jill says, it's your kid's first birthday, you have to go big. 
This year we decided to steal a friend's idea and hit up Monkey Bizness.  Let me tell you that was one of the best ideas.ever.  Basically the setup is you bring your own cake, or donuts in our case, and drinks and they provide the rest.  Alright, so I happened to provide some matching napkins and plates.  I can't help it. 
The way the parties go at MB is the kids are corralled into a "waiting area" where they are given playing directions.  Imagine a teenager giving directions to "keep your hands to yourself", "only go down slides, not up them" to a room full of wiggly little monkeys (ages 6 months to 7).  Pretty sure that just flew over their heads, but oh well, onto playing.
After the little tykes soak in all that information about the rules, they get to go in and play for an hour.  My favorite part was that our party got to play in a private party room, just E and his buddies.  Super fun!
After we played it was time to eat some yummy donuts!  I won't even begin to start telling you about the great donut disaster, but let's just say KC Donut was a huge letdown.  We drove all around Olathe, called numerous donut shops and were late to the party.  We eventually got TWICE the amount of donuts we needed.  We had oh, let's say 12 dozen!  Grant disappointed about 13 people standing in line including one kid who got up early and all he wanted an "M&M donut".  Oops.  At least every single MB worker got a donut plus we have six gallon baggies full of leftover donuts in the freezer.  Darn you Weight Watchers! 

Dinner at Nana and Grampie's house





Monkey Bizness
Everett and his best big boy buddy Elliot.  
Riding the slide with Dada. 
 B and E
 Party Animals!
 Yes, I made him a donut shirt.
 That would be the M&M donut Grant snubbed from the little boy at the donut shop.
Birthdays make me tired.

As you may have read last year, I am making a tradition of buying Everett a book for his birthday and writing him a note.  I like to try to find books that remind me of his achievements and his personality for the year.  This year's winner-

It's an obvious choice given the theme of his birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We had so much fun! Nice work mama! 2! I just cant believe it, sniffle.

    ReplyDelete