Monday, January 31, 2011

Happy Birthday E!

When people ask me what my dream job would be, I choose 1 thing, Justin Timberlake's personal assistant. However, since I don't really see that working out in the near future, I choose party planner. Tell me what you think. Would you hire someone to plan a home party for you? I am talking all you have to do is say what your theme is and give ideas you have and leave it to me! I can come to your house and set it up, let you party away and then clean up after your guests leave. Sound good? That's what I want to do, oh yeah, that and plan weddings.
Although I enjoy the occasional happy hour, baby shower, dinner party or adult birthday party planning, this was my first experience with a kid's party and let me tell you I had a blast! I went with a red and teal circus theme. This party was filled with all the JUNK FOOD you find at the circus! We're talking fresh cotton candy made by Mickey the Cotton Candy Man, circus peanuts, homemade soft pretzel bites (cinnamon and regular), animal crackers, chocolate dipped pretzel rods, nachos, cupcakes, candy and caramel and cheese popcorn! I also had bubbles outside (which froze due to the snowy weather...boo) and a photo"booth" complete with costumes for guests to play circus dress up.
I must admit that the photo booth was not my idea. It was an idea from a fabulous super-mom and blogger friend Bethany. She also happens to be my birthday photographer! Let me just say these two things. 1) Bethany normally only shoots outdoor natural light photography. I had to twist her arm to be a guest at the party + bring her camera. It worked, she showed up:) I really just wanted a couple family shots and a picture of his cake. As you can see below, she went above and beyond her call of duty. 2) I highly, highly, highly recommend having a friend, family member or photographer take your pictures if you are hosting a party! I didn't snap one picture the whole day and I didn't worry one lick about not getting the pictures I wanted. Bethany rocked it and I knew she would. FYI- She also took Everett's fall photos if you want to check out what she can do when the weather warms up.
Now get ready for too many pictures! I couldn't pick just a few. I love them all! Happy Birthday Sweet Boy E!






The special thing about Everett's cake was that it was made by Suplise! It's a Party who just so happend to be the same lady that made our wedding cupcakes and donut groom's cake.

Everett's New Ride









He wanted a spoon:) I have to say that this is one of my favorites...even if he's not very happy.




No comments:

Post a Comment