Wednesday, July 11, 2012

anne 3.0

Tomorrow is the big day.  I will be turning the big 3-0.  I have always been the "baby" of all my friends.  This was not so good in high school when I was the last to drive or go to a rated R movie.  Not so good when I was in college and the last to drink.  You know, because I waited until I was 21 to have a sip of alcohol.  It did get a little better as I got older and I could joke about "not being 30 yet".  Duh, I was 29 and 3/4.  
This past year two of my besties had their 30th birthdays.  One did fine with it only saying it was "a little weird".  The other cried, well, because she cries a lot anyway.  I didn't know how I was going to react.  I thought I would be perfectly fine.  This was just another day.  Since I run what seems like all morning and chase a 2 year old around all day, I already feel like I am way older than I am.  My body and brain hurt most of the time.  I thought that the number wasn't a huge deal.  I am slightly afraid of wrinkles and grey hair, but my body is pretty much shot already since I grew a human in there.  Then when I start to think about it, I have probably already lived over 1/3 of my life.  That is pretty darn scary.  I thought that I could take this fear one of two ways.  One, I could cry and think about what I should have already accomplished by now and all the regrets I have.  Two, I could make a list of dreams I still want to fulfill.  This led me to my very first bucket list.  It started as 30 to-dos.  It is now 37.  I figure I will probably come up with 13 more things to make it an even 50 by the time it is all said and done.  So this is a work in progress, but I didn't want my items to be too outrageous or too everyday...if that makes sense, so I did what any normal girl would do.  I took to Pinterest.  Let me tell you, there are some real doozies out there.  Go ahead and search it.  A lot of cliches (some I am doing:) and some really strange things.  So here it is, my list.  Some stolen and some things I have always wanted to do. 

Watch fireworks at Boston Pops
Go to Italy and eat as much pasta as I want without feeling guilty
Run Big Sur
Run Rock and Roll Las Vegas
Run Disney
Vacation in Bora Bora or somewhere with a hut on the water
See Time Square
Take my son apple picking
Rent an ice cream truck and give away ice cream on my birthday
Complete a random act of kindness every year on my birthday
Drive a vintage Mustang
Take an RV on a road trip
Learn to surf
Get a tattoo
Try all 31 flavors
Take my children to Disney World
Have a "Spa Day" (at least 3 services)
Convince my husband to take me on a surprise vacation
Sit front row at a Rascal Flatts concert
Watch the Jayhawks play at a Final Four
Have a bake sale and give the proceeds to a charity
Make someone's dream come true
Find someone in the grocery store and pay for their groceries
Take a photography class
Eat at Voo Doo donuts
Go zip lining
Take a cake decorating class
Take Everett to visit my besties on the east coast and go crabbing
Learn to kayak
Go to Vegas with my girlfriends on a whim
Eat dinner at a drive in as a family
Learn sign language
Make one of those insane 10 layer cakes I see on Pinterest
Eat dinner on a beach
Dance with my son at his wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment