Sunday, October 14, 2012

Going to the Big D

{Almost} five years ago Grant and I said "I do" on a snowy, well, straight out blizzardy day in December.  A lot of couples take a romantic vacay for their fifth year anniversary.  Us?  We down some fried food at the Texas State Fair!  I first saw the ins and outs for the TSF when I saw Oprah and Gayle visit a few years ago.  I instantly put it on my bucket list.  What's a better time to visit than our first family vacation to Dallas.
This was a fantastic first family vacation.  The fair had a bunch of activities for kids.  Kiddie rides, animals and all the corn dogs my little buddy could eat.  BTW, the BEST corn dogs I have ever had the honor of tasting.  Yes, honor.  That's how good they are.  Get ready to wait in line for one of those babies.   Corny Dogs are the most popular food at the fair.
Speaking of food, don't plan on visiting and finding anything even remotely healthy.  There will be nothing grilled.  Not one single thing.  Here's a list of the foods we devoured-
Fried Waffle Balls, Corney Dogs, Chicken Fried Bacon, Fried Pumpkin Pie, Fried S'mores, Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly, Fried Cookie Dough, Popcorn and Pretzels.
We have already planned our second trip back to Dallas next year.  I mean, we have to try the Fried Jambalaya.
 Everett is pretty much obsessed with "basketball game".  He never even comes close to the goal, but the good thing about the Texas State Fair is that kids under 10 get a prize every time.  Just wish he could understand why we can't keep playing without giving the guy tickets.


 If you don't know, like I didn't, the TSF is located around the Cotton Bowl Stadium.
 Corny Dogs
 Big Tex.  Scared the you know what out of my son.

 Everett's favorite part of the fair...the fountains.  Yep, the free, boring fountains.







No comments:

Post a Comment