Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sew Cute: Little Cafe Curtains

I think we are all aware of my obsession with Pinterest.  I not only Pin just about everything, I also actually use, well, some of the Pins.  The blinds above my kitchen sink were not working.  They were old, dingy, dirty and quite frankly, ugly.  I decided on a little cafe curtain to replace the blinds. Here is a the sewing project I completed a few months ago.
 
This is the Pin.  I found the directions to complete this project on the Women's Day website.  For a tutorial, click here.
 
 A close up of the fabric I picked.  Like 99.9% of the popluation.  I am very into grey and yellow right now.  However, as you may have seen on my DIY chair update, I also like touches of black.  A friend of mine told me that every room should have at least one piece of black detail.
 This is the cheap girl's way of cutting straight lines.  Iron them and then I use my fabric cutter to make a straight line.

 Measuring my seams.
 Pinning.
 Ready to sew.
 I sewed a double seam.
 And there you go.  I found the spring rod and curtain rings at Target.  They are perfect because you don't have to sew holes at the top.  You can just clip them on!



No comments:

Post a Comment